FREEMAN, Wash. - A logging crane fell off the semi that was transporting it on State Route 27 Monday morning. Washington State Patrol said the semi then began leaking fuel.
The crash happened when the semi was turning onto SR 27 from Elder Road, just south of Freeman. It wasn't immediately clear how much fuel had leaked from the semi or if the leak had been contained. The Dept. of Ecology was called out to the scene.
WSP Trooper Jeff Sevigney reported no injuries. As of 9:30 a.m. the road was partially blocked but traffic was still able to get through the scene.
Trooper Sevigney urged everyone to be careful through the area.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
Stuckart talks gun control, public safety
Save 40 percent on home improvement stuff and help Spokane families at the same time
- Stuckart talks gun control, public safety
- Save 40 percent on home improvement stuff and help Spokane families at the same time
- Viral sensation dubbed the 'salmon cannon' was tested by researchers in the Tri-Cities
- Court: Idaho must give transgender inmate gender surgery
- Spokane Co. deputies looking for man who told 9-year-old girl to 'get in' his van
- Help local kids in need and enjoy live music and classic cars at the same time at Country Cruisin'