PULLMAN, Wash. - Week one of college football is in the books, and things are looking good for two Washington teams.
The Washington State Cougars are ranked no. 22 in this week's Associated Press Top 25 poll, coming off their win against New Mexico State.
Redshirt senior Anthony Gordon delivered a near-perfect performance in his starting debut as Cougar quarterback. Gordon passed for five touchdowns and helped lead the Cougs to a 58-7 win over the Aggies. Gordon finished the game 29-35 for 420 yards.
WSU hosts Northern Colorado in Pullman on Saturday at 2 pm. That game will be broadcast on the Pac-12 Networks.
The University of Washington Huskies were also named to the Top 25 list, coming in at no, 14. UW beat Eastern Washington 47-14 on Saturday. The Huskies take on Cal at home this Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
RELATED: WSU QB Anthony Gordon nearly flawless in 58-7 win over NMSU
- Country music star John Rich to sign whiskey bottles in Moscow
- What one woman says the City of Coeur d'Alene did with the unclaimed money she found
- Celebrate National Bundt Day with a free cake at this local bakery
- Wonder Building set to debut new marketplace featuring local chef, baristas
- University of Washington needs your dog for new aging study
- Newly built Spokane bus stops under construction again, here's why