Coeur d'Alene, Idaho - The City of Coeur d'Alene will break ground next week on the first phase of a memorial to slain police Sgt. Greg Moore.
The K27 Memorial project will be paid for through private fundraising. It will honor not only Sgt. Moore, who was killed in 2015, but other fallen law enforcement officers as well.
The memorial in McEuen Park will feature three waterfalls, called "Respect", "Honor" and "Remember." It will include 18 benches nearby and will be lit by blue LED lights to represent the Thin Blue Line for fallen officers.
The first phase of fundraising is complete; community members can still donate to help pay for the additional amenities. More information can be found here.
A ceremonial groundbreaking will be held Thursday, September 7th at 5:30 at the McEuen Park pedestrian bridge.
- One killed, two injured in head-on crash near Deer Park
- Students compete in "Hack-a-thon"
- Restaurant week opens with a bang, chefs prepping for busy night two
- Hero dog shot three times trying to save family
- That's a wrap! Extreme Team completes Project ID makeover
- Turning hardship into songs of hope