COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - UPDATE: The branch will reopen Tuesday morning. Members can also visit the Silver Lake Branch and check stcu.org for additional locations and ATMs.
Coeur d'Alene police are searching for the person who robbed a Spokane Teachers Credit Union Monday morning.
According to STCU, the branch located at 2712 N. Ramsey Rd. was robbed at approximately 9:45 a.m. According to Coeur d'Alene Police, a male entered the business and gave the teller a note demanding money. After receiving an undisclosed amount of cash, the male quickly fled the area. He was last seen running northeast across the Winco parking lot.
The branch is closed for the day while police investigate.
No one was injured during the robbery.
The FBI is investigating and released STCU surveillance photos of the robber. The male is described as a 20 to 30-year-old white male, approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall, with a thin ot medium build. He was wearing a blue jacket, blue pants, a grey scarf, and a dark colored beanie-type hat. Anyone with information is asked to call the local FBI at 208-664-5128.
- Fire in Oldtown shuts down Highway 41
- New rule allows some Kootenai County residents to build without permits
- Commissioners consider building code changes
- Valley woman accused of hiring hitman to kill husband to face trial
- City taking new approach with North Monroe Street project
- Public forum on speed limits for parks and residential areas