COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - UPDATE: Coeur d'Alene Police released a composite sketch of the suspect in the incident.
If you have any information on the assault, you are asked to contact the Coeur d'Alene Police Department at (208) 769-2320.
Coeur d'Alene Police are following up on leads, but still don't have anyone in custody, after a woman says she was raped at knifepoint early Tuesday morning, in front of her home.
The attack happened near Sherman and 18th Street in Coeur d'Alene around 2:30 Tuesday morning. The victim had just come home after a night out with friends.
"She was approached by a male that had parked close to where she was at, in a white Silverado pickup," Coeur d'Alene Police Detective Jared Reneau said. "He was able to push her to the ground and sexually assault her."
Now, police want citizens to keep an eye out for the suspect and report anything that could help in the case. The attacker was described as a white man, about 5'9" tall with an average build. The victim thought he had short dark hair and a goatee. He was last seen wearing jeans and a gray sweatshirt.
"We're very concerned about public safety and so we are investigating a lot of time and resources in trying to do everything we can do to identify and locate the person that's responsible for this," Reneau said.
You're asked to contact police if you know anything about this attack. That number is 208-769-2320.
- Fire crews respond to brush fire in Mica, evacuation notices issued
- Urban Co-op's 4th annual Scoops and Bowls event a big hit
- Officers arrest convicted felon in possession of drugs, stolen gun
- Wildfire burning near former vermiculite mine in Northwest Montana
- Upriver Beacon Fire fully contained, statewide crews demobilize
- Spokane Valley firefighters prevent brush fire from spreading