SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. - The Little League Northwest Regional tournament kicked off in San Bernardino at the beginning of the week. The Coeur d'Alene U12 team, representing Idaho, was there Thursday to face off against Oregon.
They took an early 1-0 lead and held it well into the third inning. Salem tried to wiggle out from under their thumb, putting up a point of their own, but Idaho held the score 3-1.
In the top of the fourth, however, Oregon ran a devastating triple, blowing past Idaho 4-3.
Oregon widened the gap further in the fifth, reaching six points to Idaho's three. Idaho shut down a potential double to end the fifth, but Oregon replied by putting up another two points on the board.
The teams traded punches well into the sixth, with Idaho running a double to shorten the gap to 8-5, Oregon.
Sadly for Idaho, Oregon held on tight, shutting down a single and ending the game 8-5.
- Missing 75-year-old woman found safe
- Police arrest ten time convicted felon during traffic stop
- Police set up perimeter searching for wanted suspect in Spokane Valley
- Riverside State Park soon to offer two new cabins
- Formerly homeless woman stands by Sen. Cantwell in push for affordable housing
- SPD investigating drive-by shooting near Chelan and Ash