SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. - The Little League Northwest Regional tournament kicked off in San Bernardino at the beginning of the week. The Coeur d'Alene U12 team, representing Idaho, was there Thursday to face off against Oregon.
They took an early 1-0 lead and held it well into the third inning. Salem tried to wiggle out from under their thumb, putting up a point of their own, but Idaho held the score 3-1.
In the top of the fourth, however, Oregon ran a devastating triple, blowing past Idaho 4-3.
Oregon widened the gap further in the fifth, reaching six points to Idaho's three. Idaho shut down a potential double to end the fifth, but Oregon replied by putting up another two points on the board.
The teams traded punches well into the sixth, with Idaho running a double to shorten the gap to 8-5, Oregon.
Sadly for Idaho, Oregon held on tight, shutting down a single and ending the game 8-5.
Let 4 News Now's Daily Local newsletter get you ready for back to school!
Coeur d'Alene Police searching for suspect in grocery store robbery
- Let 4 News Now's Daily Local newsletter get you ready for back to school!
- Coeur d'Alene Police searching for suspect in grocery store robbery
- Deputies involved in deadly Spokane Valley shooting identified
- Have fun with the family before school starts up at the North Idaho State Fair
- Spokane Co. Medical Examiner identifies Spokane Valley shooting suspect
- Riverfront Park Pavilion officially reopening on September 6