BEND, Ore. - The man who fell 200 feet to his death at Smith Rock near Bend, Oregon, has been identified as a 2016 graduate of Lake City High School.
According to the Bend Bulletin, Alex Reed fell while he was getting ready to rappel down Picnic Lunch Wall at Smith Rock State Park Tuesday morning.
Reed fell and landed on Misery Ridge Trail around 7:50. Witnesses saw him fall. Several witnesses stayed with Reed after he fell and attempted first aid. One of them was a registered nurse.
First responders arrived and determined that Reed had died.
From 2002 to 2014, three visitors died at Smith Rock. Four had died in the past two years before Tuesday’s death.
Wildfire burning in Mattawa closes roads
Spokane man sentenced to 14 years for meth possession
- Wildfire burning in Mattawa closes roads
- Spokane man sentenced to 14 years for meth possession
- Prickly pokey PT, WSU veterinarians putting a recovering porcupine through his paces
- Owner of massage parlor searched by law enforcement says he has 'nothing to hide'
- Sweet Frostings creates new, daring treat
- Yes to Affordable Groceries campaign submits initiative signatures to Sec. of State for Nov. ballot