HAYDEN, Idaho - Hayden Library is hosting critically acclaimed American classical guitarist, Peter Fletcher.
Fletcher has performed a solo recital at Carnegie Hall and will be appearing at the library on Tuesday, Oct. 30.
His performance, Music of Four Centuries, runs the gamut from the Renaissance Period through the 20th Century. The program will begin with two Renaissance works and then flows into the 17th and 18th centuries with Bach and the Italian composer Pagannini.
Selections will also be performed from British composer William Walton and Spanish composer Francisco Tarrega. The concert will culminate with Isaac Albeniz's Rumores de la Caleta, a famous Spanish work in the classical guitar repertoire.
The concert is sponsored by the Friends of the Community Library Network and is a free event.
Fletcher will perform at 6 p.m.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Unity in the Community draws thousands to Riverfront Park
Help a local nonprofit raise money for families in need of medical travel
- Unity in the Community draws thousands to Riverfront Park
- Help a local nonprofit raise money for families in need of medical travel
- There's still time this August to check out Sunday Art Mart
- One driver dead in crash near Tensed
- Spokane Valley shooting witness: 'You just don't think it's going to happen where you are'
- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Mike Leach by former WSU football player