SPOKANE, Wash. - On Monday, January 15, the City of Spokane will have special schedules for certain services, buildings and recreational areas.
Spokane City Hall will be closed along with other City facilities, including Spokane Municipal Court and Spokane Public Libraries.
Also, parking meters will not have to be plugged throughout the city.
The Spokane City Council briefing session and legislative meeting has been canceled for this week, but will resume the following week on Monday, January 22.
Other services will proceed on normal schedules. Garbage pickup and curbside recycling will proceed as usual. The garbage transfer station at the Waste-to-Energy facility, along with the County's North County and Valley transfer stations, will be open.
The Ice Ribbon in Riverfront Park will also be open on Monday. Check the park's website for hours.
Activities are scheduled to mark the importance of the day. The City’s website has details.
- County and City officials push bill to reduce auto theft and property crime in Spokane
- Give back through Inlander Restaurant Week
- Cheney HS students walk-out in protest against gun laws
- Flu death toll continues to rise in Spokane
- Spokane ranked 2nd least safe city in Washington
- Forum seeks to end child abuse, increase affordable childcare in Spokane