SPOKANE, Wash. - The City of Spokane announced Friday that the City has effectively achieved net energy consumption across all municipal facilities and services.
The achievement will help save taxpayer dollars and protect the environment.
New analysis completed by the City's Environmental Programs office shows that the City's energy generation essentially equals its use of electricity, natural gas, and fuel.
The City's energy production is also considered renewable by the federal government, most states, and countries.
“By diligently managing the facilities that create clean, renewable energy for our community and promoting energy conservation by all City departments, we are using no more energy that we create,” said Mayor David Condon. “Not many cities can say that. Our announcement helps us distinguish ourselves as a sustainable, resilient City, which supports our commitment to promote a thriving community and robust economy.”
- Cost of child care burdens Washington families
- Yoke's Season of Giving Food Drive
- Kootenai County deputy takes pie to the face to support student with cancer
- USA Judo selects Spokane to host 2018 Junior Olympics
- Parks and Recreation, Trust for Public Land redesigning Dutch Jake's Park in West Central Spokane
- KXLY spreads holiday cheer at Spokane Guild School