UPDATE: Spokane City Council voted to approve the Spokane Fire Department's request for two new air compressors Monday night.
The Spokane City Council will decide Monday night whether or not the City's fire department will get two new air compressors.
The decision will come after the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries began investigating whether or not there are contaminants in firefighters' air tanks.
Last month, the City Council denied a $192,000 expenditure request to replace two of the department's compressors, saying they “didn't have all of the information” they needed at the time.
- Kootenai County Jail low on beds, room for inmates
- Cheney High School students 'walk out' to show solidarity, ask for change
- Stevens County Sheriff's looking for home invasion suspects
- My Fresh Basket offers variety of cooking classes, events
- Washington schools rank high for Peace Corps volunteering
- Extreme Team one day away from big reveal