SPOKANE, Wash. - The City of Spokane is asking for the public's help in naming the new pedestrian bicycle bridge over the BNSF corridor that will connect the East Sprague area to the University District.
Construction on the bridge started earlier last year.
Any suggested names for the bridge must meet the following requirements:
-Nominees must have made an outstanding contribution to the City of Spokane.
-An individual or family must have been a resident of the City of Spokane.
-The duplication or repeat use of names will be avoided.
-Living political nominees must have retired from political office for at least five years.
In order to submit an idea, you must post your proposed name on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and tag @spokanecity. Include the significance of your suggestion, what it means to you, and its relevance to Spokane. You can also post your proposed name here.
According to the City, they are looking for names that will stand the test of time.
The deadline to help name the bridge is January 31, 2018.
- Kootenai County Jail low on beds, room for inmates
- Cheney High School students 'walk out' to show solidarity, ask for change
- Stevens County Sheriff's looking for home invasion suspects
- My Fresh Basket offers variety of cooking classes, events
- Washington schools rank high for Peace Corps volunteering
- Extreme Team one day away from big reveal