MOSES LAKE, Wash. - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has purchased land in Moses Lake, iFiberOne reported Wednesday.
Earlier this year, the Church announced plans to build a temple in Moses Lake. The Church has yet to announce the exact location, but said they regularly look for property for ecclesiastical purposes.
According to information from the Grant County Assessor's Office, the purchase included a 17-acre parcel south of Yonezawa Boulevard and I-90.
The parcel is west of the Columbia Basin Technical Skills Center and near Moses Lake High School.
The Moses Lake temple will be the fourth in Washington state; the others are located in Richland, Bellevue and Spokane.
According to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, there are nearly 290,000 Latter-day Saints in 546 congregations in Washington.
Editor's Note: An earlier version of this story said the land purchased would be used for the temple. The Church has yet to announce what the land will be used for.
- The Gathering at the Falls Powwow celebrates 28 years
- Detectives searching for man who fired gun at Spokane Valley house
- Registered sex offender moves to Soap Lake
- Boater dies in crash at Thunder on the Snake boat races
- City crews responding to water main break on NW Blvd
- MultiCare creates virtual and in-home programs to serve Inland Northwest's seniors