LEWISTON, Idaho - The City of Lewiston has confirmed that the chlorine leak at OXARC Inc. was contained and residents can now return to their homes.
A chlorine leak caused for evacuation at OXARC Inc., in Lewiston on Thursday.
The Region Two Hazardous Materials Response Team arrived at the scene and hopes to have the leak cleaned up within an hour. The Lewiston Fire Department asked that everyone within 500 feet of the corporation, located at 2513 3rd Ave. N Lewiston, evacuate and avoid the area.
This story will be updated.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Spokane City Council doubles funding to remove abandoned, nuisance RVs
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery Building New Location
- Spokane childcare providers worried over new state requirements
- Local numbers from the 'Clear the Shelters' nationwide event have been released
- New South Perry development features smart house technology, sustainable living
- Washington firefighter seeks damages for on-job injuries