SPOKANE, Wash. - On Sunday just before 11:40 a.m., a child was hit by a car on Maxwell and Cannon across from AM Cannon Park.
According to Spokane Police officers at the scene, the child was riding a scooter across the street. The driver of the car looked both ways at a stop sign, but didn't look left again before turning and the child became pinned beneath the front of the vehicle.
The child was not wearing a helmet, but only sustained some road rash. No life threatening injuries were sustained.
The driver was cited for failing to yield the right of way to a pedestrian in a crosswalk.
Alcohol was not involved in the accident.
SPD tells us a child was hit by a car on Maxwell and Cannon this afternoon - but the good news is their injuries are not life threatening. No alcohol was involved in the accident. @kxly4news pic.twitter.com/dWEc6Eldsv— Taylor Graham (@TaylorKXLY) May 26, 2019
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Mobile Recreation aims to keep local youth active over summer
- 'I'm speechless right now': Spokane man overcomes addiction to spend Father's Day with kids
- Vets Garage calls on community for support
- Man arrested at Drag Queen Story Hour protest
- Hundreds turn out to support, protest Drag Queen Story Hour at the South Hill public library
- Global Target register outage affects Spokane and Coeur d'Alene locations