EAST HANOVER, N.J. - Chewy Chips Ahoy cookies were voluntarily recalled on Saturday.
According to WPTV, the recall affects Chewy Chips Ahoy 13-ounce cookies because of the potential for certain product to contain an "unexpected solidified ingredient.
The Chips Ahoy website reported a few cases of adverse health effects. Consumers who have the product have been advised to not eat the cookies.
Mondelēz Global LLC announced April 13, 2019 a voluntary recall in the United States, of certain Chewy Chips Ahoy 13 oz. due to the potential for certain product to contain an unexpected solidified ingredient. Click below for full list of affected product. https://t.co/x6y5o65Kjg— Chips Ahoy! (@ChipsAhoy) April 14, 2019
The recalled product was sold nationwide. The following numbers are found on recalled packaging: retail UPC Code No. 0 44000 03223 4. Additionally, packages with expiration dates for Sept. 7, 14 and 15, 2019.
Anyone with questions regarding the recall can contact the company at 1-844-366-1171.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Donations pour in for community without water for nearly two weeks
- Spokane NAACP calls for Rep. Matt Shea's resignation
- Level 1 Evacuation Notice cancelled for Reservation Field Fire in Stevens County
- Fire engine crashes while responding to a call in Royal City
- Unity in the Community draws thousands to Riverfront Park
- Help a local nonprofit raise money for families in need of medical travel