CHENEY, Wash. - The Cheney Police Department responded to a report of a possible armed suicidal person in a vehicle near the area of Betz Road and Washington Monday evening.
Officers could not find the vehicle, and passed off information to other law enforcement agencies. About a half an hour later, the vehicle was found, and officials attempted to contact the driver through a traffic stop and by phone, but were unsuccessful.
The vehicle eventually came to a stop and officers determined that the only occupant was dead.
The Spokane Medical Examiner's Office is investigating, and will release the name of the deceased at a later time. Next of kin has been notified.
- Dance studio sues City, says damages from city-owned property forced closure
- Martie Soderberg found guilty of conspiring to kill her husband
- Man crosses center line, hits oncoming vehicle near Sagle
- 18 pounds of meth recovered from impounded car near Wenatchee
- March For Our Rights in Sandpoint counter-rally to March For Our Lives
- Small caliber casings found in locker room at Shadle Park High School