CHENEY, Wash - The Cheney Police Department has released the names of three officers involved in a deadly shooting earlier this month.
Cheney Police shot and killed a man outside Mitchell's Harvest Foods on September 3rd. He was later identified as 40-year old Steve L. Anderson.
Police say Anderson was not responsive to their commands and came towards them with a knife.
The officers involved are:
- Officer Zebulon Campbell. He's been with the Cheney Police Department since 2006. Before that, he worked with the Eastern Washington University Police Department. He was also a resident fire fighter for the Cheney Fire Department. He is a field training officer for CPD
- Officer Nicole Burbridge. She joined the Cheney PD in 2017 after one year with the Spokane Police Department
- Reserve Police Officer Nicholas Horn has been with the Cheney Police for one year. He has a background in security and public safety
The county's SIRR team is investigating the shooting and will forward its final report to the Spokane County Prosecutor's Office for review.
- Providence, Walgreens team up to bring express care clinics to Spokane
- Historic Coeur d'Alene home makes move across lake
- Daily Evergreen journalists explain compliments, criticisms received since Gesser piece
- Reward offered in case of tagged mural
- Health Alert: Potentially deadly toxin found in Moses Lake
- Road closure planned in Coeur d'Alene