SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane fire crews are at Chase Middle School where students were evacuated Wednesday morning when a heating unit got too hot and began smoking.
Around 10:30 a.m. staff noticed smoke in a hallway, but no actual flames. As a precaution, the entire school was evacuated.
Crews are still on scene but staff have begun letting students back inside the school's gym.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Pullman's iconic Cougar Country Drive-In to reopen Wednesday for limited hours
Chilly September continues: More below average temperatures expected today
- Pullman's iconic Cougar Country Drive-In to reopen Wednesday for limited hours
- D. Lish offering $2 cheeseburgers today
- 'He was in pieces': Spokane woman relives attack that killed her dog
- House of Charity in need of blanket donations as temperatures drop
- WSU student helps pay for his education with a craft idea turned business venture
- Spokane family building ALS-friendly home