HAUSER, Idaho - 61-year-old Steven Denson, the suspect in the shooting death of 37-year-old Kelly Pease, has been found dead around 4:20 Thursday afternoon near Highway 53 and Bruss Road, police have confirmed.
A massive manhunt for Denson was led earlier after police say he shot his former fiance in the head, in public, in broad daylight in Coeur d'Alene.
The suspect was found dead, apparently of a self-inflicted gun-shot wound.
We have a crew on the way to the scene and will update this story.
- Kootenai County Jail population hits record high
- Investigation prompts several search warrants at Red Top motel in Spokane Valley
- Idaho senator's reaction stirring up social media
- Wolf Creek Lodge Steak House closing its doors
- Bitter cold no match for dog owners
- Getting your car and home ready for freezing temperatures