POST FALLS, Idaho - The Post Falls Police Department took an feline into custody Friday afternoon and is now asking for the public's help.
Investigators are asking people to take a look at the kitty-mugshot. The slightly annoyed and frazzled feline appears to be black with a white belly. There appears to be no evidence it went by the street name "Socks" but it does have white front paws.
Investigators say a microchip was located inside the cat. The information contained in the microchip was recovered and the phone number listed was called. Investigators had to leave a voicemail.
The cat was caught on Jenny Lane and transported to the Kootenai Humane Society. Anyone who recognizes the cat or knows who it belongs to is asked to the call the Kootenai Humane Society at 208-772-4019.
- Gonzaga's Graduate Accounting ranked 13th best in nation
- Fear grows among business owners as construction looms on North Monroe
- Renovation project brings new life to East Sprague
- Trial underway for woman accused of murder plot against husband
- Air 4 Adventure: First day of spring
- Students plan March For Our Lives as news hits of another school shooting