MOSES LAKE, Wash - Homeowners in the Pelican Point area of Moses Lake should empty valuables out of their vehicles, or risk being the target of a pair of car prowlers in the area.
The Grant County Sheriff's Office issued the warning Monday. Deputies received more than a dozen reports of thefts from vehicles between Sunday night and Monday morning.
Security cameras in the area captured two white men checking for unlocked doors. When they found a door that was unlocked, they went in and took whatever was inside.
Deputies remind people to take everything of value out of the passenger compartments of their vehicles and to lock their doors. They suggest either putting valuable items in the trunk or bringing them inside the home.
Anyone with information about the thefts is asked to call 509-762-1160 or send info to email@example.com. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Students compete in "Hack-a-thon"
- Restaurant week opens with a bang, chefs prepping for busy night two
- Hero dog shot three times trying to save family
- That's a wrap! Extreme Team completes Project ID makeover
- Turning hardship into songs of hope
- Spokane autism conference features special guest from Sesame Street