SPOKANE, Wash. - The South Hill's YMCA is scheduled to re-open Saturday morning. A car crashed through the studio's windows mid-morning Friday, injuring multiple people and closing the branch for the remainder of the day.
Though it opens 7 a.m. Saturday, the studio will remain closed and classes canceled until further notice.
I talked to someone who was here when it happened and he said multiple people were injured. https://t.co/7V3ZPzSvCM— Ariana Lake (@arianaKXLY) June 21, 2019
A witness said a workout class was in session when the incident happened.
The gym will be closed for the rest of the day. Gym members are still able to access facilities at other regional YMCAs.
This is the second time a car has crashed through the YMCA's building in recent months. In November, a woman trying to park her car ended up going through the front window. She was not hurt and police said she was not impaired; the incident was an accident.
KXLY is on scene working to confirm more information. This is a developing story.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- #happylife: Crowd-pleasing sides for Thanksgiving dinner
- Plans to improve safety at Hwy 2 and Colbert Road stall
- Local woman starts free library for homeless
- Neighborhood association files lawsuit over proposed Glenrose sports complex
- Coeur d'Alene Cruises takes you on a journey to the North Pole
- Dream of a White Christmas at the 'Bing Crosby Holiday Film Festival'