BALLARAT, Australia - Mars Chocolate Australia has been making delicious candies since 1979.
However, one of their treats is gaining a new found popularity due to the dangerous gag that took the internet by storm over the past few months.
Although it would seem that the company modeled its "Pods" product after the famous laundry detergent, the treat has actually been around for over 10 years.
At first, the candies seem too good to be true. However, upon further inspection, one can find that they are, in fact, real.
The Mars Chocolate Australia website has them as a registered product along with the nutritional facts to back it up. The "Pods" come in flavors such as Twix, Snickers, and Cookies and Cream.
A quick search on Amazon shows that you can order them from the company, but you may have to pay a hefty shipping fee. They are coming from Australia after all.
It may be a coincidence that the candy is becoming popular again due to the "Tide Pod Challenge", but there is definitely a good laugh to be had nonetheless.
- Fire crews respond to brush fire in Mica, evacuation notices issued
- Urban Co-op's 4th annual Scoops and Bowls event a big hit
- Officers arrest convicted felon in possession of drugs, stolen gun
- Wildfire burning near former vermiculite mine in Northwest Montana
- Upriver Beacon Fire fully contained, statewide crews demobilize
- Spokane Valley firefighters prevent brush fire from spreading