KINGSTON, Idaho - UPDATE (6/8): Idaho State Police and the Shoshone County Sheriff's Office have removed the remains. They will be taken to the medical examiner's office in Spokane for an autopsy.
UPDATE: According to the Shoshone County Sheriff's Office, the human remains were found in water next to the I-90 overpass in Kingston.
Idaho State Police investigators haven't removed them yet, but will be on scene for the next 24-36 hours.
The sheriff says the remains are not related to any missing persons.
Idaho State Police and Shoshone County Sheriff's Office detectives are in Kingston where human remains were uncovered during road construction.
This is a developing story. We will update when we know more.
- Providence, Walgreens team up to bring express care clinics to Spokane
- Historic Coeur d'Alene home makes move across lake
- Daily Evergreen journalists explain compliments, criticisms received since Gesser piece
- Reward offered in case of tagged mural
- Health Alert: Potentially deadly toxin found in Moses Lake
- Road closure planned in Coeur d'Alene