KETTLE FALLS, Wash. - This story is now out of date. Check our updates article here.
UPDATE (8/12 10 A.M.): The Boyds Fire in Ferry County is now estimated at 3000 acres.
Two homes and several additional structures have been lost. 150 firefighters and several air resources are currently working to get it under control.
Level 3 evacuations remain in effect from Hwy 20 west of the Columbia River to Deadman Crk. Rd. Level 2 evacuations are in place from Deadman Crk. Rd to Matson Creek Rd.
The Red Cross has set up a shelter for anyone who needs help at Kettle Falls High School, 1275 Juniper St.
A fire burning west of Kettle Falls has prompted mandatory evacuations for some homes.
The Boyd's River Fire is at least 100 acres, according to Stevens County District 1 Fire Chief Mike Bucy.
Level 3 evacuations are in place for Kiffer Road, Bisbee Creek Lane and Nancy Creek. People in those areas need to leave immediately because of fire danger.
This is a developing story.
- Local agencies weigh in on the #WhyIDidntReport movement
- Union Gospel Mission uniting community for World Homeless Day
- Woman arrested for arson for downtown Spokane apartment fire
- South Boundary Fire Protection District sued as former commissioner faces rape charges
- Steven Branting to appear at Northtown Barnes and Noble for book signing
- Level 2 evacuation notice lifted for I-90 fires