KOOTENAI CO., Idaho - One lane of westbound I-90 near Mullan Trail Road reopened around 9:55 a.m. after a semi truck crash Friday morning.
According to ISP, a driver was traveling eastbound on I-90 when his car lost a tire, which struck a semi driving in the westbound lane.
The tire punctured one of the deisel tanks on the left side, causing fuel to spill across westbound lanes.
ISP said a hazmat team and clean-up crew responded to clean the spill, which took just over 11 hours.
There were no injuries resulting from the accident.
🚨Traffic Alert 🚨 Troopers are on scene of a semi truck crash westbound I90 at milepost 17 at Mullan Trail Rd. Both lanes of travel are completely blocked due to a fuel spill. pic.twitter.com/CyNdFDIuBS— Idaho State Police (@ispdistrict1) July 5, 2019
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from 4 News Now. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- 55-year-old Cheney woman killed in crash on I-90
- Here's what you should know to start your Tuesday morning
- Defense: Issues at birth may have led to brain damage in Freeman school shooter
- Downtown Spokane library is hosting a panel with local Olympians
- New service brings local produce directly to Spokane doorsteps
- Flags to be lowered in honor of SPD officer who passed away unexpectedly