SPOKANE, Wash. - Agents from the U.S. Border Patrol's Spokane Sector arrested an individual in Othello who was illegally present in the United States and had prior arrests for homicide and drug possession.
Through law enforcement efforts, agents determined that an individual in the Othello area had illegally entered the United States in 2013. Authorities were made aware of his arrest shortly after his entry and subsequently revoked his immigration status.
At the time of his entry, immigration officials were not aware of two arrests in Mexico for homicide and drug possession while working as a Tijuana Municipal Police Officer. Agents arrested and processed the individual for removal proceedings and transported him to Tacoma for his immigration hearing.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Spokane grandmother attacked by dogs in her own backyard
- 'This system is sick': family of man killed by SPD reacts to decision not to charge officer
- Gov. Jay Inslee drops out of the 2020 Democratic presidential race
- SPD searching for suspect in shooting near Post and Chelan
- Let 4 News Now's Daily Local newsletter get you ready for back to school!
- Coeur d'Alene Police searching for suspect in grocery store robbery