BONNER CO., Idaho - Idaho State Police are investigating a crash involving a Bonner County Deputy on Saturday night.
The Deputy was responding to a service call, with his lights and sirens on, when he side-swiped a car on the bridge south of Sandpoint. The Deputy then crashed into a concrete barrier, blocking both lanes of northbound and southbound traffic.
The car was occupied by two adults and three minors, none of whom were injured in the crash.
According to Idaho State Police, the Deputy was not wearing his seatbelt.
The roadway was blocked for about an hour and a half before reopening, and now ISP is investigating the incident.
- Firefighters prevent early morning fire from spreading
- Four years ago today: remembering the 2015 windstorm
- Native American tribes seeing many cases of murdered, missing indigenous women
- Weekend rain brings snow to local mountains
- Rain, rain, go away! We're in store for more wet and cold weather
- Historic Coeur d'Alene home wheeled down city streets