SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane County Sheriff's Office confirmed authorities found a body in the Spokane River Saturday afternoon.
According to a press release, a passerby saw the body in the river, east of Harvard Road at about 11:20 a.m. Deputies and Spokane Valley Fire personnel responded.
Major Crimes Detectives are investigating because authorities don't know what caused the death.
The Spokane County Medical Examiner's Office will release the person's name and cause of death.
Lawmaker accused of underage relationship with ex-student
Breaking the cycle of time: AHCC yoga program helps inmates build skills, find relief
- Idaho voters to decide on historic horse racing terminals in Proposition 1
- WA lawmakers urge resolution of trade dispute, say Moses Lake's REC faces closure
- Spokane Public Schools considers staffing changes to address budget shortfall
- Gorgeous weather ahead as summer changes to fall
- Vice President Pence tentatively scheduled to visit Spokane, campaign for Rep. McMorris Rodgers
- Fire danger in Kootenai County to be lowered