SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane County Sheriff's Office confirmed authorities found a body in the Spokane River Saturday afternoon.
According to a press release, a passerby saw the body in the river, east of Harvard Road at about 11:20 a.m. Deputies and Spokane Valley Fire personnel responded.
Major Crimes Detectives are investigating because authorities don't know what caused the death.
The Spokane County Medical Examiner's Office will release the person's name and cause of death.
- Spokane Police still searching for shooting suspect
- Walmart car seat exchange ends early due to 'overwhelming' participation
- Highway 200 crash sends car into river, driver rescued
- Fire ignites propane tanks in northeast Spokane garage; firefighters contain the flames
- Spokane man thanks Apple Watch for saving father's life
- South Carolina newspaper facing massive backlash after 'Hilinski's Hope' headline