SPOKANE, Wash. - The Lilac Bloomsday Association announced a competition to design the 2020 Bloomsday Finisher T-shirt.
The winning design will be purchased by the Bloomsday Association for $1,000.
Entries can be mailed or delivered to Lilac Bloomsday Association at 1414 North Belt Street, Spokane, WA 99201. They can also be delivered to the Paper & Cup coffee shop on the first floor of the Inlander building at 1227 West Summit Parkway, Spokane, WA 99201. The deadline is Wednesday, September 18.
Before you get started, however, there are several guidelines.
The design can use no more than six colors, and while artists can recommend a shirt color for their design, the final decision comes down to the Lilac Bloomsday Association. Also, the words ‘Bloomsday,’ ‘Spokane,’ ‘Washington,’ ‘2020’ or ‘’20’ must be incorporated into the design.
Designs should be no larger than 13 inches high and 11 inches wide. Artists must include their name, mailing address, email and phone number on the back of their design.
The Lilac Bloomsday Association also encourages submitting a physical copy of the design, as opposed to an electronic file. Submitted artwork also will not be returned.
Bloomsday will notify the winner in mid-October, but the design must be kept a secret until the first person crosses the finish line on May 3. Failure to follow this provision will forfeit the $1,000 payment for the design.
'This system is sick': family of man killed by SPD reacts to decision not to charge officer
Gov. Jay Inslee drops out of the 2020 Democratic presidential race
- 'This system is sick': family of man killed by SPD reacts to decision not to charge officer
- SPD searching for suspect in shooting near Post and Chelan
- Let 4 News Now's Daily Local newsletter get you ready for back to school!
- Coeur d'Alene Police searching for suspect in grocery store robbery
- Deputies involved in deadly Spokane Valley shooting identified
- Have fun with the family before school starts up at the North Idaho State Fair