SPOKANE, Wash. - The 43rd Annual Bloomsday race is on Sunday!
Recently, a team of sponsors and organizers, including KXLY4’s own Kris Crocker, sat down to find the best Bloomsday Corporate Cup team names.
This year, the panel chose from a pool of nearly 350 teams, and 29 finalists were selected for their creativity and witty word play. That list can be found below.
“Our judges came fully prepared with research in hand this year,” said Corporate Cup Director Sarah Ranson. “We had fun learning new terminology and laughing over some of the creative play on words some teams submitted. The competition was stiff and the group had a difficult time choosing the top three.”
The battle each year for the top team name is almost as competitive as the actual Corporate Cup itself, and the prizes are just as coveted. The first, second, and third place winners will be announced in the results after Bloomsday, and the first place team will receive a plaque and will be honored guests at the annual awards luncheon.
Last year’s winner was Kaiser Aluminum’s “Aluminumb to the Pain,” topped the Spokane Symphony’s “Running Against the Winds” (second place) and Drywall Specialties’ “Smooth Finishers” (third place).
Although registration is now closed for the Corporate Cup, runners still have time to register for Bloomsday. More information can be found on the race’s website.
Business - Team Name
- 141st Air Refueling Wing - Pass N’ Gas
- Alliant Insurance Services - Commission Possible
- Alliant Insurance Services - Between Walk and A Hard Pace
- Cerium Networks - Ce You At The Finish
- Crown West Realty, LLC - How The West Was Run
- Dsi Construction - Smooth Finishers
- Environment Control - Lost in Pace
- Eymann Allison Hunter Jones - Ruthless B Gimpsburg
- F5 Networks - F5 – Refresh Your Pace
- First Interstate Bank - Dye Pack
- Franz Bakery - Ready, Set, Play-Dough
- Gonzaga University - Thought It Was A Pub Crawl
- H2e - It Megahertz But We Conduit
- Idaho Forest Group - The Young And The Rest Of Us
- Idaho Forest Group - Wood You Hurry
- Kaiser Permanente - Pharma See-Ya-Later
- Mischke Drywall - 3 Sheets To The Win
- Nelson Irrigation Corporation - Irrigaitors
- Paukert & Troppmann, PLLC - With Liberty And Shin Splints For All
- Potlatchdeltic Corporation - Lumber, Not Limber
- Premera Blue Cross - Worst Game Of Tag Ever
- Spokane Eye Clinic - Eyes On The Road
- Spokane Symphony - Run Your Rachmaninoff
- STCU - Fast And Fiduciary
- STCU - Game Of Loans
- Sterling International - Bee Squad
- Umpqua Bank - Cirque De Sore Legs
- West Valley School District - We Missed The Bus
- Wolff Hislop & Crockett - Motion To Shorten Time
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee to announce run for 3rd term
- SPD: Man steals U-Haul, leads officers on chase, then hides in rafters of N. Spokane garage
- AMBER Alert for abducted Montana boy extended throughout Idaho
- Spokane grandmother attacked by dogs in her own backyard
- 'See you in court': Family of man killed by SPD reacts to decision not to charge officer
- Gov. Jay Inslee drops out of the 2020 Democratic presidential race