SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - A local mom in search of a new adventure decided to go into the baking business when her kids left for college. Now, her bakery, Blissful Whisk, is set to open Saturday, May 25.
Tiffany Cable has always had a love for baking. So much so, that she put herself through culinary school at Spokane Community College in order to open her own bakery.
Blissful Whisk is located at the corner of Barker and Mission in Spokane Valley.
With a rotating menu, Blissful Whisk will offer a little bit of something for everyone, said Cable. There will be breakfast options like pastries and scones, and lunch options for people craving something a little more savory.
Not just any bakery, though, Blissful Whisk will also have room to host events, such as an after-school program, during which Cable plans to teach kids how to bake.
The idea, said Cable, stems from times spent hosting baking challenges with her own kids.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Voter Guide: Everything you need to know about the 2019 Spokane Co. general election
- Another sexually violent predator released to Spokane; SPD not notified until months later
- 'Disney on Ice' is returning to Spokane this weekend
- Park Rangers help ramp up security at local parks, pools
- SCRAPS says local elementary school kids severely abused cat
- ‘We're not mascots': Wash. lawyer sues New York company over Yakama-brand cigarettes