SPOKANE, Wash. - The Blackbird is back open after temporarily closing to revamp its menu.
The Blackbird on North Washington has switched concepts to focus on “hardcore, old school, and new school” barbecue.
Some stand out menu items include: traditional style brisket, a pulled chicken sandwich, and apple pie ice cream.
The restaurant is now more casual, and more “rock and roll.”
“One of our goals is to sell out of our barbecue daily,” said owner Patrick McPherson. “We don't want to serve yesterday's barbecue. And we have seven house-made sauces on the table for you. We don't put sauce on it unless indicated on certain items so you're free to sauce it as you like.”
And to the fans of how the old Blackbird, don't worry. The restaurant is still offering brunch and its popular bacon fat popcorn.
- Spokane Valley family recovers after I-90 crash near downtown
- Local kid invents device to help people with arthritis
- Dolezal documentary arrives on Netflix Friday
- City of Spokane employees bring their kids to work
- City Ethics Commission: Mayor Condon did not violate ethics code
- Central Valley girls basketball team honored by Spokane Valley