SPOKANE, Wash. - A new wave of results shows Breean Beggs is closing the gap between him and his opponent Cindy Wendle in Spokane's race for city council president.
New numbers show Beggs is now just 145 votes behind Wendle, who dominates with 49.92% of the vote.
A second wave of results showed Wendle in the lead by 851, and then on Thursday with 346 votes. Friday's updated numbers show that gap has narrowed yet again.
Interestingly, results show 2,772 under votes, meaning that's how many people voted for neither candidate.
- Local woman, community raises over $5K for friend's prosthetic leg
- Bus service will soon offer $10 rides from Spokane to Seattle
- Moses Lake Police need help identifying man hit by car
- Community Resource Exchange helps those in need find free services
- 'Shop with a Cop' sees local law enforcement take kids shopping for winter clothes
- Bomb threat forces evacuation at Moscow Middle School