OLYMPIA, Wash. - On Thursday night, the Senate passed the 2018 State Capital Budget, and Republican Senator Michael Baumgartner says it's a big bipartisan win for Eastern Washington.
Here are some of the Eastern Washington Projects:
-$67 million for the Eastern Washington University science building
-$5 million for natural resources investment for the economy and environment
-$2 million for Mount Spokane facility relocation
-$1 million for Three Islands Spokane River waterfront access
-$2 million for the Spokane Dental Residency Clinic
-$6.9 million for Eastern State Hospital projects
-$2.8 million for State Fair Community College Fine and Applied Arts Building replacement
The local projects are part of a $4 billion two year capital spending plan that will be financed in large part by bonds.
- Forum seeks to end child abuse, increase affordable childcare in Spokane
- Spokane firefighter with legacy of protecting firefighters remembered
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery provides safe, confidential temporary childcare
- The impacts of child abuse, through the eyes of an officer
- Daycare worker fights for better access to childcare after death of Caiden Henry
- Kxly4 Extreme Team gets to work renovating Project ID