SPOKANE, Wash. - Avista will soon have a new CEO.
Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer Scott L. Morris announced to the company’s board of directors that he will retire from the company effective March 1, 2020.
Morris will serve as the executive chairman of the board of directors until his retirement date but will transition his duties as CEO to Avista President Dennis P. Vermillion effective Oct. 1, 2019.
Morris will serve as the non-executive chairman of the board following his retirement. Vermillion will continue to serve on Avista’s board of directors.
Morris joined the company in 1981. He has served as CEO and Chairman since 2008.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
Spokane City Council doubles funding to remove abandoned, nuisance RVs
Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery Building New Location
- Spokane City Council doubles funding to remove abandoned, nuisance RVs
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery Building New Location
- Spokane childcare providers worried over new state requirements
- Local numbers from the 'Clear the Shelters' nationwide event have been released
- New South Perry development features smart house technology, sustainable living
- Washington firefighter seeks damages for on-job injuries