GLEED, Wash. (AP) - Authorities have identified a body found buried in a barn in June near Yakima as that of a 45-year-old missing man.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports the state crime lab confirmed Thursday that the body was that of Julian Wabinga, who had been missing since last fall.
The Yakima County Coroner's office says an autopsy showed Wabinga died of multiple gunshot wounds.
In June, Randy Shea Gardner led Yakima County sheriff's deputies to a barn in Gleed and uncovered Wabinga's body.
Wabinga had been living in a motor home on the property and hadn't been seen since August 2017.
In court documents, deputies say several people told them that Gardner shot Wabinga after an argument on the property.
Gardner was arrested in June on suspicion of murder and is being held in lieu of $1.5 million bail in the Yakima County jail.
- Cat found badly injured in a Spokane neighborhood alleyway
- Ecology Department will help fire departments get rid of toxic foam
- Spokane mayoral candidates debate union support
- Additional refueling aircraft coming to Fairchild AFB will stimulate local economy
- Deputies arrest man for trespassing, exposing his backside to laundromat employee
- Voter Guide: Everything you need to know about the 2019 Spokane Co. general election