MAZAMA, Wash. - Authorities in Okanogan County found 186 pounds of methamphetamine in the Okanogan National Forest on Monday.
The Okanogan County Sheriff's Office K9 Unit helped with the bust near Mazama, alongside Homeland Security. K9 Gunner and Sergeant Gene Davis found the methamphetamine in two suitcases and initiated the search.
The narcotics were found in an area of a thick brush in the forest.
Authorities said the street value of the recovered methamphetamine was estimated at one million dollars.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Work release inmate walks away from Valley Hospital
- AMBER alert canceled, 4-year-old Pocatello girl found safe
- You can now ask Alexa for 4 News Now flash briefings
- Iconic Shogun restaurant reopening Monday after devastating fire
- Donations pour in for community without water for nearly two weeks
- Spokane NAACP, city leaders call for Rep. Matt Shea's resignation