HAYDEN, Idaho - A woman was killed Wednesday when she lost control of the ATV she was driving and rolled down an embankment, with the vehicle landing on top.
According to the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office, 50-year-old Christina Mathews was riding her ATV in the Hayden Creek area when she lost control. Members of Northern Lakes Fire Rescue attempted life saving efforts at the scene, but where unsuccessful.
The Kootenai County Traffic Team is investigating the incident, but does not believe alcohol was involved.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Mobile Recreation aims to keep local youth active over summer
- 'I'm speechless right now': Spokane man overcomes addiction to spend Father's Day with kids
- Vets Garage calls on community for support
- Man arrested at Drag Queen Story Hour protest
- Hundreds turn out to support, protest Drag Queen Story Hour at the South Hill public library
- Global Target register outage affects Spokane and Coeur d'Alene locations