HAYDEN, Idaho - A woman was killed Wednesday when she lost control of the ATV she was driving and rolled down an embankment, with the vehicle landing on top.
According to the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office, 50-year-old Christina Mathews was riding her ATV in the Hayden Creek area when she lost control. Members of Northern Lakes Fire Rescue attempted life saving efforts at the scene, but where unsuccessful.
The Kootenai County Traffic Team is investigating the incident, but does not believe alcohol was involved.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- You may be able to see the Northern Lights on Wednesday
- Race for Spokane Mayor comes down to 849 votes
- 'Game of Thrones' actor filming new movie in Spokane
- Who shot two calves? Local farmer searches for answers
- Grocery Outlet to open Cheney location this week
- Newly-elected officials push for new downtown police precinct