SPOKANE, Wash. - It's starting to feel a whole lot like fall up on Green Bluff!
Our Good Morning Northwest crew headed up to check out the apple crop Monday morning. Growers they spoke with said the best apples right now are the ones they've pre-picked. Their u-pick trees filled with over 40 different varieties are still about a week away from being ready to enjoy.
“Pick according to your taste buds. Every side of every tree has a different flavor. So you kind of have to pick the right one. Grab it, lift it, if it snaps right off then you are ready to go,” advised owner of Sunset Orchard William Firmage.
If you're planning to u-pick apples, make sure you head up sooner, rather than later. Other growers we spoke with say some of their trees have less fruit than last year, possibly due to early frost.
Donations pour in for community without water for nearly two weeks
Spokane NAACP calls for Rep. Matt Shea's resignation
- Donations pour in for community without water for nearly two weeks
- Spokane NAACP calls for Rep. Matt Shea's resignation
- Level 1 Evacuation Notice cancelled for Reservation Field Fire in Stevens County
- Fire engine crashes while responding to a call in Royal City
- Unity in the Community draws thousands to Riverfront Park
- Help a local nonprofit raise money for families in need of medical travel