SOAP LAKE, Wash. - UPDATE: As of 8:00 a.m. Wednesday, the Grant County Sheriff's Office has lifted all evacuations for the Soap Lake Fire.
According to 7:00 a.m. update on Wednesday, some crews that had come from western Washington to help local firefighters with a 2,000 acre brush fire near Soap Lake are being sent home.
There are still crews working the fire and making sure it is no longer a threat to homes in the area.
Crews were able to strengthen containment lines on Tuesday but still report the fire is only 50% contained.
Level 3 evacuations have been lowered to Level 2, meaning people can return to their homes but still need to be ready to get up and leave again.
- Tickets on sale for TBT in Spokane
- Record freshman class expected at WSU this fall
- USA Judo Junior Olympic Championships return to Spokane
- Sketch released of suspect in Clarkston bank robbery
- UPDATE: Mead teacher accused of sexual misconduct no longer in jail
- Detectives investigating inmate death at Spokane County Jail