AIRWAY HEIGHTS, Wash. - The Airway Heights Police Department is thanking people who send in crime tips after a citizen caught a burglar on camera.
Someone saw a man trying to break into a garage at 10:30 Saturday morning in an Airway Heights apartment complex. The witness started taping the incident and later got the license plate of his vehicle to give to police when the man drove away.
Police said he got into the garage, but the car inside was locked. He left empty-handed, but it was all caught on camera.
According to an online post, the suspect has been arrested before for stealing a motor vehicle and having a stolen vehicle.
The police department said they will request a warrant for his arrest in the recent incident. They went on to thank citizens who "are able to safely be our eyes and ears since we can't be everywhere all the time."
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Spokane families have one month to finish vaccination paperwork, avoid exclusion from class
Wet weather isn't going anywhere this week!
- Ethics complaint filed against Spokane City Councilwoman Karen Stratton
- Cougar spotted in a Spokane neighborhood successfully relocated
- Man behind 'Curing Spokane' video donated nearly $1000 to Woodward campaign
- New car seat laws coming to Washington state in 2020
- Neighborhood Tree Program giving away 500 free trees to Spokane residents
- Hillyard low-income housing development groundbreaking set for Tuesday