SPOKANE, Wash. - Expect a cooler, cloudy day for your Wednesday with some strong wind gusts.
The Spokane area could see gusts up to 35 mph gusts today. In areas of central Washington, like Ellensburg, gusts could be up to 60 mph. Find more information on the winds expected for your area here.
⚠️ Winds could be 20 to 30mph with 45 mph gusts today in parts of Central & Eastern Washington. Any fires that develop or exist will likely spread rapidly. Please do your part and don't create sparks or throw cigarettes out windows while driving. #wawildfire #NWSmokeReady https://t.co/ZfBMYHfUhX— WA Emergency Management (@waEMD) June 19, 2019
Because of the strong winds, a Red Flag Warning is in effect until 9 p.m. Wednesday. This means the central and eastern Washington areas are under critical fire danger.
Thursday will be the last day of spring and you can expect clouds, showers and possible Thunderstorms.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Spokane grandmother attacked by dogs in her own backyard
- 'This system is sick': family of man killed by SPD reacts to decision not to charge officer
- Gov. Jay Inslee drops out of the 2020 Democratic presidential race
- SPD searching for suspect in shooting near Post and Chelan
- Let 4 News Now's Daily Local newsletter get you ready for back to school!
- Coeur d'Alene Police searching for suspect in grocery store robbery