SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Firefighters responded to a fire in a Spokane Valley cannabis facility Saturday evening.
Workers at Grow Op Farms, in the 2600 block of North Woodruff Road, found heavy black smoke coming out of a marijuana grow room. When firefighters arrived, there was no visible smoke or flames coming from the building.
Crews found dark smoke coming inside a grow room, but said the fire had self-extinguished.
Crews stayed on scene for two hours to make sure the fire hadn't spread and helped clear the smoke.
The fire was determined to be accidental in nature, and the exact cause is still being investigated.
According to Spokane Valley Fire, approximately 80 employees evacuated the building and no injuries were reported from firefighters or employees.
The business will remain open.
- Kootenai County Deputies arrest auto theft suspect on multiple charges
- Spokane Public Library launching sensory-friendly story times
- 3 companies fined for role in fatal Seattle crane collapse
- 'Catalyst' will become Spokane's first zero-carbon, zero-energy building
- REO Speedwagon cancels Spokane show, promises to re-schedule
- Coeur d'Alene library reports political books are frequently hidden