SPOKANE, Wash. - Multiple sources now confirm that the Spokane Police officer under investigation amid allegations of sexual assault is Officer Nathan Nash.
4 News Now broke the story of the investigation last week.
It came to light when a woman who was the victim of another crime says Nash came to her home to do a follow-up investigation and, while there, sexually assaulted her.
The investigation was brought to Spokane Police internal affairs. Because the conduct was potentially criminal and sexual in nature, SPD immediately turned the investigation over to the Spokane County Sheriff's Office. Detectives with that agency have been assigned and are investigating, but right now, Nash has not been charged with a crime.
Nash has been placed on paid administrative leave. The status of that leave could change based on whether or not criminal charges are filed and what those charges are.
Since 4 News Now started looking into the accusations, Nash has deleted his picture from his LinkedIn page and removed any mention of working for the Spokane Police Department.
Stay with 4 News Now for changing information on this developing story.
November gloom continues: Foggy this morning with more rain on the way
Remembering the 2015 windstorm four years later
- Remembering the 2015 windstorm four years later
- Firefighters prevent early morning fire from spreading
- Native American tribes seeing many cases of murdered, missing indigenous women
- Weekend rain brings snow to local mountains
- Rain, rain, go away! We're in store for more wet and cold weather
- Historic Coeur d'Alene home wheeled down city streets