Tim Hattenburg is a candidate for Spokane Valley City Council position no. 6.
Hattenburg is a retired teacher, coach and athletic director for the Central Valley School District. He serves on the Spokane County Library Board of Trustees and has dedicated his time to several youth sports teams. Hattenburg is also a former nominee for Washington State Teacher of the Year.
Hattenburg answered the following four questions for 4 News Now.
What is the biggest issue currently facing Spokane Valley?
Growth and need for housing.
What are potential opportunities of Spokane Valleys growth and what challenges need to be addressed?
Where to build multi-family housing units and provide the needed infrastructure as well as maintain the neighborhood identity that our longtime residents are so proud of. Opportunity to develop our park
systems and recreational areas for our rapidly growing population.
What is your stance on the proposed development of the old Painted Hills Golf Course?
I feel that the city should have purchased the property when they had the opportunity for more green space and a possible park.
What personal accomplishment are you most proud of?
Aside from my teaching career, my wife and I wrote a true crime story about a local man who survived the murder of his parents when he was 5 years old.
'It's teaching kids to take risks:' Spokane Valley outdoor preschool holds first day of class
Spokane Police: rap battle ends in man's death
- 'It's teaching kids to take risks:' Spokane Valley outdoor preschool holds first day of class
- Spokane Police: rap battle ends in man's death
- Family of WSU student remembers him as a 'beautiful spark of light'
- Are you missing your pigs? Someone in Moscow found them
- Watch the GU vs. UNC game under the lights of the Pavilion with Hooptown USA
- Moses Lake Police: 2 arrested for parking illegally and passing out from heroin