SPOKANE, Wash. - The 37th annual Christmas Tree Elegance event at the Davenport begins again on Tuesday, hosted by the Spokane Symphony Associates.
Businesses and people donate to create 18 tree displays, with decorations and prizes valued up to $4,999. These fancy displays are then shown at River Park Square and the Davenport Hotel from December 3-15.
Folks can come check out at the displays – but also buy $1 raffle tickets at either location, entering them in for a chance to win one of the magnificent trees, and all the prizes that come with it.
Winners are determined in a public drawing ceremony at the end of the event at each venue.
According to Visit Spokane, 2018 was their largest year ever with 430,500 raffle tickets sold. With 11 months of planning going into this year's event, however, they hope to blow the old record out of the water.
- Truck stuck underneath Mead bridge, Parksmith back open
- Mt. Spokane opening ski area, tubing hill on Friday
- As more snow falls, Schweitzer set to open more runs
- Spokane named to list of best U.S. cities to start a business
- Rock slide blocking Highway 200 near Trestle Creek
- School delays for Thursday, Dec. 12