RITZVILLE, Wash. - At around 6 on Saturday night, three people were traveling in a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer along SR 395.
The vehicle was traveling northbound about 2 miles southwest of Ritzville. According to authorities, it was going much too fast for the icy conditions of the road.
The car lost control, rolling into the median, and came to rest on its tires facing southwest.
The driver of the car, 62-year-old Lance Ziegler and 51-year-old passenger Mary Ziegler were transported via Life Flight to Sacred Heart Medical Center.
The third, 15-year-old passenger was transported to Ritzville Hospital.
As of right now, there is no word on the condition of the people involved.
This terrible accident serves as a good reminder to travel slower in icy conditions on roadways.
- Students compete in "Hack-a-thon"
- Restaurant week opens with a bang, chefs prepping for busy night two
- Hero dog shot three times trying to save family
- That's a wrap! Extreme Team completes Project ID makeover
- Turning hardship into songs of hope
- Spokane autism conference features special guest from Sesame Street