SOAP LAKE, Wash. - The Grant County Sheriff's Office has identified the woman who died in a Thursday morning house fire near Soap Lake as 21-year-old Samantha Harbeck, of Ephrata.
Firefighters were called to a double-wide manufactured home at 4777 Road 19-Northeast at 12:20 a.m. Thursday, February 21. A man who lives in the home, Samuel E. Engelhardt, was outside chopping wood when he noticed the fire and called 911.
Englehardt told responders that his friend, now identified as Harbeck, was asleep on the couch when he went outside.
The Grant County Coronor lists Harbeck's cause of death as smoke inhalation. Her death has been ruled accidental.
Investigators are still working to figure out what caused the fire.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- SPD looking for missing 75-year-old woman
- Police arrest ten time convicted felon during traffic stop
- Police set up perimeter searching for wanted suspect in Spokane Valley
- Riverside State Park soon to offer two new cabins
- Formerly homeless woman stands by Sen. Cantwell in push for affordable housing
- SPD investigating drive-by shooting near Chelan and Ash